Thursday, May 23, 2013

Great Week

This last week has been a very good week. It started out with my Kromski 24" Harp Loom showed up on Thursday.
 
 
 
I got it all set up and did a 2.5 yard warp on the back of the loom.

 
Then I started to weave, but I really didn't like how this cotton yarn was working, so I rewarped it.



I decided to try an 8 dent, worsted weight yarn for the warp. It is Fisherman's wool and the weft is leftover Noro Kureyon. I'm liking the fabric that I'm getting so much better than the first try. It is staying more even. I think that I was able to get the warp a lot tighter this time.

On the spinning front, I finished a 466 yard skein of a mixed BFL. Also started doing the Louet BFL so that I can ply it with the Crown Mountain that I have waiting.

As for knitting, I frogged and restarted The Old Man and The Sea. I decided that since I'm loosing weight, that I should knit this sweater to fit me later instead of now. I also went up a needle size and really like how it looks so much better than the other sweater.  
 
 

 Weigh in was good this week. 2.4 off. Total of 7 pounds so far. Slow and steady wins the race. I keep repeating that to myself. Need to get the treadmill more so that is my goal for the next week.

No comments: