Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Book buying frenzy

I have been on a book buying frenzy for the past two weeks. Yesterday was particularly bad.
Yesterday I bought Weaving Made Easy by Liz Gipson, the Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet #2 by Hunter Hammersen, Knit A Monster Nursery by Rebecca Danger and Norwegian Sweater Techniques for Today's Knitter by Therese Chynoweth.

Also in the picture is What to Knit When You're Expecting by Nikki Van De Car and Knit to Flatter by Amy Herzog (also bought the Craftys class).

I really did have a goal of not buying patterns, books, ect.. but oh well. 

Hubby bought me a Kromski Rigid Heddle Loom for mother's day so I'm patiently waiting for it to show up. I have never weaved before, but it just looks like so much fun. Hoping to use up a lot of sock yarn and make presents for all my family.

On the knitting front, I have finished my Elizabeth Shawl. There are a few errors in my knitting, but all in all I love it.


I also began the Old man and the sea using Blue Moon fiber arts in the Woobu base in the Bittersweet colorway. I started too early for the KAL in the Single Handed Knits podcast group, oops. Very enjoyable knit so far.
Spinning front, I have done some. I am spinning BFL in a brown and a silvery brown and plying them together. I'm hoping for a sport or dk weight for a sweater. So far love spinning the fiber. It has been very easy to do. It is hard to see the difference in this picture, but having them sitting side by side, I can definitely tell they are two different colors. I still have a little under a pound to spin of each color, but have run out of bobbins, so need to finish up plying before I can start again.
 
Weigh in last Thursday was a gain. I knew it would be after the week of sickness was over. Will put a brief post in about this Thursday's weigh in tomorrow.
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

the boogeyman's wife said...

i know who to borrow books from now....fit to flatter ended up in my mailbox a few weeks ago too. her tutorials were great and i'm excited to test everything in the book!